In the name of the thousands of victims of Tropical Storm “Agatha” in Guatemala, we are appealing again for your solidarity to join this campaign. This campaign seeks to unify relief efforts and resources in order to respond more effectively and collect economic and material support for the thousands of Guatemalans living in turmoil.
Through the support of the Maritimes-Guatemala Breaking the Silence Network, the Tatamagouche Centre is accepting tax-deductible donations from the “Todos por Guatemala” (All for Guatemala) campaign. The funds will be transferred to the Campesino Highlands Committee (CCDA), a local grassroots organization with more than thirty years’ experience in the area, which is providing emergency relief to affected rural communities and will continue to provide long-term support as well.
In particular, we are asking that you:
- Endorse/sponsor the campaign and publish this appeal in your newsletter or membership publication;
- Forward this message to any appropriate email list;
- Consider making a donation on behalf of your family, organization or company to the relief effort.
Any contribution of $10.00 and over will be tax deductible.
To obtain more information about how you can join or support the Solidarity Campaign “Todos por Guatemala” please contact one of the following organizations:
- Alternativa Latinoamericana
University of Guelph Radio Station CFRU 93.3 FM
- Association des Guatemaltéques du Québec
Tel: (514) 261-4755 (514) 581-3081
- Companer@s North South and Guatemalan Working Group of OPIRG
McMaster University – Hamilton Tel: (905) 308-7450
- Guatemala Community Network
Toronto Tel: (416) 671-9130
- Indigenous Movement Abya Ayala
Toronto Tel: (416) 778-4849
- Kitchener-Waterloo Mayan Project
Tel: (519) 576-7409
- London-Guatemala Solidarity Committee
Tel: (519) 686-1177
- Tzijolaj Cross-Cultural Communications
Ottawa Tel: (613) 422-6232
- Waterloo Region Guatemalan Group
- Café Justicia & Education in Action
Ottawa email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help and solidarity in this matter.
“All for Guatemala”